ABOUT APPLIED STRATEGIES
Anyone can come to your law firm and simply consult on management issues or react to change. Our goal is to keep you one step ahead of the shifts in our industry. We'll help you do so by recommending strategies that are practical to implement in the day-to-day operations of your law firm.
We deliver these solutions by drawing upon the life-learned experiences of our team members — all of whom have "been there, done that." Our advice reflects solid management theory but more importantly it's backed up by real-world knowledge of your challenges as a law firm manager.
Stephen Mabey, CPA, CA
Principal & Managing Director
PROVEN MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE ~ STRATEGY TACTICS ~ TEAM BUILDER
Stephen is a Chartered Professional Accountant with over 25 years in leadership roles, the last 21 of which have been in a professional services environment. His solid financial background is complemented by extensive experience in business development, human resources, marketing, risk management, and facility management.
Stephen is known as a forward thinker and a problem solver. With his leadership and guidance, law firm managers are able to develop and execute strategies that help them effectively and efficiently achieve their firm’s goals and objectives.
- Leadership and Team Building
- Strategic Vision
- Creative Problem Solving
- Financial Acumen
- Decision Making
- Goal Orientation
- Common Sense
PROVEN MANAGER HUMAN CAPITAL ~ BENEFITS COACHING ~ RECRUITMENT
Carol is a Certified Human Resources Professional and
Employee Benefits Specialists with over 40 years of
experience in both union and non-unionized environments.
Carol is a cost conscience, balanced problem solver
who understands the importance of delivering win-win
Carol has hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including:
- Engaged in all aspects of union labour negotiations
- Development of recruiting manuals and training in recruiting process
- Pre-employment and promotion testing
- Development of job descriptions
- Salary administration – compensation standards, government funding applications, and oversight
- Administration/design of pension plans – including conversion of defined benefit to defined contribution
- Overseeing group benefit plans, negotiation of annual adjustments, developing and communicating changes
- Coaching/counseling on various office-related work issues
- Active participation/oversight of the progressive discipline process
Stephen was elected as a
Fellow in the
Class of 2013
Carol is a Certified Human Resources Professional and Employee Benefits Specialists with over 40 years of experience in both union and non-unionized environments.